Monday, October 12, 2015

Heard You're Getting Married...

     So, every week, I spend an evening with a bunch of friends and we encourage one another in Christ.  Last week, I got there early and there were 3 or 4 people there.  One of the guys looked up when I came in and said, "So, I heard you're getting married."

     Well, this was news to me.  I wasn't really sure what to say so I popped out and said, "Really?  That's great!!!  Who am I marrying?"

      He shrugged.  "Your post said something about becoming a mid-wife."

     Ha ha.  Very funny.  I threw a pillow at him.

     Which he caught.  And then said, "But, no, really.  What's a midwife?"

     He really didn't know.

     Okay...

     ...Does anybody else not know what a midwife is?


4 comments:

  1. Yep. It is someone who helps at birthings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good!
      A midwife specializes in assisting natural childbirth. She is trained to handle most complications, but the focus of her care is facilitating pregnancy and birth in a way that allows it to work the way it was designed to.
      Some midwives work in hospitals. Others work in birth centers and homes.

      Delete
  2. That is too funny! I certaintly know what a midwife is! All my eight sibling (and myself) were born at home using a midwife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Yes, I thought it was pretty funny, too. And a little sad. ;) I was born at home with a midwife, too. I'm glad you know what a midwife is!!!

    ReplyDelete